A client just paid my invoice through Paypal and got a 404 page when she was returned from Paypal. I have the Invoicing App installed.

A client just paid my invoice through Paypal and got a 404 page when she was returned from Paypal. I have the Invoicing App installed.

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff August 14, 2016
Public

Hi. We’ve detected a bug from PayPals API 2 weeks ago.
PayPal and Us are working to fix it. The issue lies in PayPal not telling us the payment was made. Therefore not updating the invoice.
If you check your PayPal account you’ll see If the payment happened.
Sorry about that but we’re working to fix it. Pete

#answer-3775
  1. thewebwizz2 August 14, 2016
    The invoice was updated to Paid, it was the 404 page that was the problem. Good to know you're working on it.
  2. Peter Connor August 14, 2016
    Sure.
    They might have clicked a back link. The PayPal block that for security. Pete
  3. thewebwizz2 August 14, 2016
    Hi Peter,
    This happened again with another client. When they returned from Paypal after payment they got a 404 error and my client was worried that the payment hadn’t gone through properly.
    Geraldine
  4. Peter Connor August 14, 2016
    Hi Geraldine,
    I'll have a look now.
    Pete
  5. Peter Connor August 14, 2016
    Hi G,
    What is the invoice number that this happened with?
    I suppose you don't have a screenshot of it happening?
    Pete
  6. thewebwizz2 August 14, 2016
    There were two invoices - 2016-67 and 2016-15 and I have a screenshot that was sent on 15th July for 2016-15.
    Geraldine
  7. Peter Connor August 14, 2016
    Great G. We're already on it.
  8. Peter Connor August 14, 2016
    Hi G,
    Tech have know the problem, it seems that on the redirect back to Bullet, Paypal add a parameter to Bullet's url called token, unfortunately token is what Bullet calls it's parameter to know what invoice to display - so Paypal are effectively overwriting Bullets url. We'll have to rename our parameter. It's used in a lot of places so might be tomorrow before this is fixed.
    Thanks G and thanks for the screenshot - saved a lot of guesswork.
    Pete

Please login or Register to Submit Answer