Hello its me (again!) I’m sure you get my mails go….NOOOOO she’s back!!!! I have a question :))) So, my accountant just dropped me up my Personal assessment for 2014. He said that according to the Revenue filed accounts my income is €13,391. However, in BulletHQ 01st January – 31st December 2014 my Gross Pay was €12,800 (see attached). Why is there a discrepancy between Bullet and Revenue?

Hello its me (again!)
I’m sure you get my mails go….NOOOOO she’s back!!!!
I have a question :)))
So, my accountant just dropped me up my Personal assessment for 2014. He said that according to the Revenue filed accounts my income is €13,391. However, in BulletHQ 01st January – 31st December 2014 my Gross Pay was €12,800 (see attached).
Why is there a discrepancy between Bullet and Revenue?

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff November 14, 2015
Public

Hi Aileen, 
Never, when you’re mails come in the Bing Crosby starts to sing, snow falls and a fire appears. 
Cool, I’ll get John to look at this for you when he’s back in the office. Will be later tonight, tomorrow if that’s ok.

Pete

#answer-2194
  1. Haha your gas :))))
    Thanks so much :)))))))
  2. Have to file my accounts by tomorrow so if you could let me know before tomorrow that would be brilliant :D
  3. Peter Connor November 14, 2015
    Cool - It's all assigned over Johnny. So he'll have a look at it don't worry.

Pete
  4. Peter Connor November 14, 2015
    Hi Aileen. Can you ask your accountant where did he get the revenue figure from? From P35 or somewhere else. Is it possible an amended tax return was submitted to revenue that isn't recorded in Bullet?
  5. Hi John,
    He got it from the Revenue returns I would have submitted but all of them would have been done through Bullet so that's why i’m wondering?
  6. Peter Connor November 14, 2015
    Hi Aileen,
    Everything is okay - Bullet has the correct values so no need to worry!
    What is happening is a quirk of the "Gross To Net Detail" report - Your total gross pay is actually the 'gross pay' plus the 'taxable benefits' column - they are separated on the report because it's convention. If you add those 2 values together (12,800.00 and 590.75) is 13,390.75 (which is rounded up to the nearest euro by Revenue to 13,391.
    Regards,
    John.
  7. Thank you so much John :)))))

Please login or Register to Submit Answer