Hi I have a specific question regarding my p35 return. Bullet suggests that I own nothing but when I manually enter the data it tells me I owe 1852.80

Hi I have a specific question regarding my p35 return. Bullet suggests that I own nothing but when I manually enter the data it tells me I owe 1852.80

1. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    So looking back through old tax payments I find this number in the P30 return from 14 October
  2. slots games free January 28, 2022
    <strong>vegas slots online free https://2-free-slots.com/</strong&gt;

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 20, 2016
Public

Hi David. Did you manually create yourself as an employee or did you use the P2C file?

#answer-2918
  1. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    not sure how to rectify this as, or the effect on my accounts. has bullet already accounted for this - my bank accounts are reconciled but I owe the revenue so they will be 18hundred off acter I authorise the P35
  2. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi David. Did you manually create yourself as an employee or did you use the P2C file?
  3. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    P2C file
  4. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi David. You mention that you manually entered the data. What data is that. Tks P
  5. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    Oh I manuallly entered the P35 on ROS and thats where 1852.80 came from.
  6. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    I basically looked at the P60 file and entered the data into the ROS p35 form
  7. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Ok, and your ignoring Bullets P30 file cause you think it's wrong.
  8. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    No I've loaded all Bullets P30's
  9. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    I tried to load Bullets P35L and it wont load so I then went to enter the data via the ROS form
  10. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    How that makes sense
  11. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Ah cool. Ok can you upload the P35l form that Bullet gave you and a screen shot of the error Ros gave you. Tks. P
  12. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    got to go soon
  13. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    been onto revenue and they dont have a clue
  14. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi D. Ok I'll pass this over to payroll. They'll have a look today and get back to you.
    If your offline the answer will appear in your email. Tks P
  15. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi Dave,
    I've had a look, and I can't see anything obviously wrong with the P35L file that would cause revenue to reject it. The *only* thing I can think of is that the company name has a '.' at the end of it. Perhaps edit the P35 file and replace:
    <ns1:Employer name="Zilpany Ltd." number="3209533FH" />
    with
    <ns1:Employer name="Zilpany Ltd" number="3209533FH" />
    (notice the dot is missing from the end of the name). Normally any invalid characters in the file would be reported very clearly and would be easy to spot using revenue's file format checker - but all the ROS tools I've used say this is a completely valid file. If it's not the employer name, then I'm not really sure what it could be, and would recommend you to enter the P35L manually on ROS instead of the file upload.

John.
  16. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    FYI: I have emailed ROS developers support with this issue for clarification. When I hear back from them, I will let you know.
  17. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    Ok John but I’m more concerned at to whether I own the revenue money or not. I think I do, But how has/is bullet calculating this.
    The P35 file from Bullet suggests that I don’t, it has Zero (0) against it in Bullet. But when I select “Complete a Form Online” and file a P35 in ROS - entering the information from my P60 in the ROS file online It says I own 1,852.8 odd. Then when I try to figure that out I see a similar number in one of the previous P30 filings. They Match up. Seems like I under paid, how did that happen?. (“if it did happen wouldn’t the P35 catch that”)
    So what’s the situation is the P35 from bullet correct, and I don’t owe it, or do I owe and how has Bullet accounted for this.
    Regards,
    David McCreery
  18. david.mccreery4 February 20, 2016
    John, I got the file loaded, it’s a problem with ROS not bullet.
    The P35L file does show that I owe 1,852.8 but this does not show on the headline figure as shown in the attached.
    Revenue will deduct the money due, but as far as I can see bullet doesn’t account for it , it thinks it’s a zero amount.
    Regards
    David McCreery
  19. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    The P35L file from Bullet should be correct, based on the tax details and wages you've entered into Bullet. One of 2 things could have happened to make ROS think that you owe money:
    You entered different tax details for the employee in Bullet that are on file with Revenue
    The last P30 for 2015 that you submitted to ROS has not gone through yet (sometimes it can take a few days). If you take a look at the "Revenue Record" section in ROS, see if there's a red "late/file" text beside any of the P30 2015 returns
    Also, on the file upload problems, I received the following from ROS support:
  20. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi John,
    Most likely scenario is that the customer is uploading with a Cert that does not have File permissions for PAYE-Emp.
    The customer should upload using their Admin Cert, or grant access to File permissions for PAYE-Emp to the sub-user cert.
    Regards,
    ROS DevSupport

Please login or Register to Submit Answer