HI – I have an invoice to enter into money out – but it is from DHL and the invoice is for 302.46 euros – 12.50 of that is for duty but 289.96 is for VAT which I can claim back – but having trouble putting into bullet as there is no where for me to put just a VAT invoice in. Can you advise how to put into bullet? Thanks

HI – I have an invoice to enter into money out – but it is from DHL and the invoice is for 302.46 euros – 12.50 of that is for duty but 289.96 is for VAT which I can claim back – but having trouble putting into bullet as there is no where for me to put just a VAT invoice in. Can you advise how to put into bullet? Thanks

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff May 29, 2016
Public

Hi, 
Let me have a look at this for you. 
Pete

#answer-3428
  1. doneill.rochm May 29, 2016
    What I have done is put in the 12.50 at 0% VAT - then added a line and put in an amount that leaves me with the correct VAT amount and then added a line with the minus amount - so at the end of the invoice - there is the correct total and the correct VAT amount - a little messy but the correct VAT will be picked up. If you have another way please let me know.
  2. Peter Connor May 29, 2016
    Cool - I'll just get John to check this for you so it doesn't mess up your return.
  3. Peter Connor May 29, 2016
    That's the best way to do it for now. The problem is that the VAT charged by customs is often a seemingly "random" amount that does not align with any of the VAT rates which are applicable in Ireland.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer