Hi there, As mentioned during previous conversations we are going to set up a new company from Jan 2016. The reason for this is that we had an inexperienced person entering the data last year and there are too many mistakes to fix. The plan is to enter an opening balance sheet and start afresh. So my questions are: 1. there is a book keeper starting tomorrow and ready to start entering this years information but I do not have an opening balance sheet yet. Is it possible that they can start entering data and the balance sheet set up after or does it have to be in place first. 2. Can we transfer the customer names and address as they are now in the system to the updated company. thanks suzanne

Hi there, As mentioned during previous conversations we are going to set up a new company from Jan 2016. The reason for this is that we had an inexperienced person entering the data last year and there are too many mistakes to fix. The plan is to enter an opening balance sheet and start afresh. So my questions are: 1. there is a book keeper starting tomorrow and ready to start entering this years information but I do not have an opening balance sheet yet. Is it possible that they can start entering data and the balance sheet set up after or does it have to be in place first. 2. Can we transfer the customer names and address as they are now in the system to the updated company. thanks suzanne

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 6, 2016
Public

I’ll answer these now. What was your previous company?

#answer-2681
  1. Peter Connor February 6, 2016
    There is a book keeper starting tomorrow and ready to start entering this years information but I do not have an opening balance sheet yet. Is it possible that they can start entering data and the balance sheet set-up after or does it have to be in place first?
    Nothing matters how you enter it till you start doing tax returns. Put it in as you like.
    Can we transfer the customer names and address as they are now in the system to the updated company?
    We can do a bulk upload for you. But, if the previous person wasn't very good it's probably best to bring in very clean data.
    Bullets designed around novice workflows so I'm surprised you'd such issues.
    Hope that answers your questions. If the new person has any questions let them know they can just click HELP!

Please login or Register to Submit Answer