hi there, quick question-it appears to me that it’s not possible to reconcile a bank statement manually, only against an imported statement. I cant download statements for 2014 as they are not available in my Ulster bank system any longer.Would you have a preformated statement that I can use to update with my details and then import? thx gerry

hi there, quick question-it appears to me that it’s not possible to reconcile a bank statement manually, only against an imported statement. I cant download statements for 2014 as they are not available in my Ulster bank system any longer.Would you have a preformated statement that I can use to update with my details and then import? thx gerry

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff December 19, 2015
Public

Hi Gerry,
You can hack the import. When you got to import a statement, if you pick “other”, from the list of banks in the drop down you’ll see an option to download a excel spreadsheet. 
This spreadsheet allows you to copy from bank accounts or other and import it manually into Bullet. You can also just fill out the data in that spreadsheet and do you’re import. 
Hope that helps. So remember just go to ‘Import Statement’, and click ‘Other’, from the list of banks and you’ll see instructions and a sample excel file. 
Just make sure you keep to the samples format.
Pete

#answer-2364
  1. blackfield December 19, 2015
    Sound pete-thx
  2. Peter Connor December 19, 2015
    Cool
  3. blackfield December 19, 2015
    i created a Cash Account as a bank account for cash in out. It is shown in the Bank A/cs window but doesn't appear in the Chart of Accounts..
  4. blackfield December 19, 2015
    did I set it up incorrectly?
  5. Peter Connor December 19, 2015
    So you set-up a petty cash bank account?
  6. blackfield December 19, 2015
    pretty much,. We deal with a lot of cash payments and will need it if we do a daily invoice posting for payments
  7. Peter Connor December 19, 2015
    Yep, that makes sense. I'll just shoot this to the accounts team. They'll give you a better answer Gerry. They'll come back to you in a bit.
  8. blackfield December 19, 2015
    ok cheers..
  9. Peter Connor December 19, 2015
    Hi Gerry,
    All transactions to/from a back account are automatically recorded against the 'Bank' account in the chart of accounts. There isn't a separate account in the chart of accounts for each of your bank accounts.
    John.
  10. blackfield December 19, 2015
    Hi john thanks for that. I can see where the cash transactions have gone now. I'm used to separate bank accounts in the COA -I should have looked there of course, I suppose when you are used to doing things one way....thanks gerry

Please login or Register to Submit Answer