Hi, we’re (finally!) billing customers at .015 per transaction and the system is rounding up to 0.02 on the invoice – can this be changed please?

Hi, we’re (finally!) billing customers at .015 per transaction and the system is rounding up to 0.02 on the invoice – can this be changed please?

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 15, 2016
Public

Hi Valerie,

Great news! 
You can round to 3 decimal points only from 2. This is more to do with how revenue round. 
It can’t be changed in the system, Bullets designed to keep you compliant.

Thanks Pete

#answer-2787
  1. valerie.ryan February 15, 2016
    Sorry, I don't understand, I need to put a transaction cost of 15 cents on an invoice - is this possible? thanks
  2. Peter Connor February 15, 2016
    As in you need to bill your customers .xx not .xxx does this make sense?
    Let me know
  3. valerie.ryan February 15, 2016
    Sorry it 1.5 cents. I put this under rate and it rounds up to 2 cents
  4. Peter Connor February 15, 2016
    Hi we only go to the cents. 1.23 is 1 and 2 decimal points. We don't go 1.234
    Sorry but we can't change that - it would have a huge knock on effect to what the product does and calculates.
    Tell me what you're doing and how and we'll see if there is a workaround for you?
  5. valerie.ryan February 15, 2016
    Hi
    We charge our customers per transaction. Most of he billing will be done from our system but when the customer prepays I need to raise an invoice outside of our system. I had wanted to use Bullet for that as it would be integrated.

So the invoice needs to read 1667000 transactions at 1.5 cents - total USD25000. Any ideas?

Thanks
  6. Peter Connor February 15, 2016
    I can raise it with the tech team but I think you'll get the same answer. I'll ask them now.
  7. Peter Connor February 15, 2016
    Hi Valerie,
    So there is no way to change the system. How ever they did suggest just calculating the totals in excel and invoicing for the total. You can put the breakdown in the description which won't affect the totals.
    Hope that helps, sorry there isn't a better work around but it would cause havak.
    Pete

Please login or Register to Submit Answer