I received my first Stripe payment on 12 April – it was for 400 against invoice 6000. However when I look at that invoice, it doesnt show that payment, only a subsequent payment for 400 from stripe dated 1 june.

I received my first Stripe payment on 12 April – it was for 400 against invoice 6000. However when I look at that invoice, it doesnt show that payment, only a subsequent payment for 400 from stripe dated 1 june.

2 answers

Peter Connor Staff June 25, 2016
Public

Hi Mike,
Let me look into this. As far as I know you can’t do part payments via Stripe in Bullet. 
What is the invoice number in question?
Thanks 
Pete

#answer-3544
  1. mikedulra25 June 25, 2016
    The bullet invoice number was 6000, amount was 600, there was already a paypal payment of 200 against it, so the person paid the balance 400 via stripe. i can see this in the stripe control panel, but the payment didnt show up in bullet. then she made another stripe payment on 1 june , of 400 again, this time it DID get matched up in bullet
Peter Connor Staff June 25, 2016
Public

Are you sure? I see both payments in your account.

#answer-3545
  1. mikedulra25 June 25, 2016
    See Stripe screenshots -- there were TWO stripe payments of 400 each
  2. Peter Connor June 25, 2016
    Do you have id's for both of these payments please?
  3. mikedulra25 June 25, 2016
    where do i get the payment id? i can see a card ID and a fingerprint associated with each payment in stripe, is it one of thos?
  4. mikedulra25 June 25, 2016
    ive uploaded a more complete screenshot of both of the 400 payments
  5. Peter Connor June 25, 2016
    Hi Mike,
    So we've spent three hours on this, it looks like human error that allowed 2 stripe payments to be made, Bullet doesn't allow this.
    The reason we don't take multiple Stripe payments to one invoice is because we dont allow adjustment of the payment amount to protect you.

Were not sure how but there are no errors from Stripe or Bullet, but you can just edit front-end code etc all of which is out of our control.
    To resolve this issue just login to your Stripe account and kill one of the 400 payments then you'll have 400 Stripe + 200 Paypal equals the full invoice.
    Pete
  6. mikedulra25 June 25, 2016
    I guess you are assuming myself or my customer might have done something? I've not done anything other than the normal way of sending an invoice via the bullet UI. I suppose it is possible my customer might have done something unusual, but I know her and she's not particularly technical, so it seems very unlikely.
    For what it's worth, my theory is that the intiial Bullet/Stripe communication worked (which is why the Bullet invoice number appears in the Stripe records), but after that one or more of the communications between Bullet and Stripe's API failed; so after the customer paid on Stripe but preventing that fact from being sent back to Bullet. That said, I would expect in that case you would see some kind of error or log that indicated a transaction that started but didnt finish.
    FYI, the customer actually made 2 real 400 euro payments with Stripe, I've checked and can confirm the money came into my bank account.
    In this particular case, I can of course sort it out directly with the customer. The problem is really a bit of loss of confidence around payment processing and the associated records.
  7. Peter Connor June 25, 2016
    Hi Mike,

We're not getting any errors or miscommunications on the stripe or our logs. This is well tracked as we're passing over platforms, security breaches etc.
    Clients can do lots of odd things, like open your invoice twice make a payment and forget and make another thinking it hasn't gone through.
    They can manually edit the html in the invoice to trick Bullet etc. Lots of stuff that we can't tell because browsers don't allow that information to be passed to us.
    I'm not sure how to answer you better than that. On the confidence, I suppose you received the two payments. You got instant support on the issue, and we spent 3 hours investigating it.
    Hope that helps. Pete

Please login or Register to Submit Answer