I wanted to modify the CofA as I have 3 distinct revenue streams. If I name them 001 Sales – 003 Sales, and make the code SALES – SALES 03 will that work for the system still?

I wanted to modify the CofA as I have 3 distinct revenue streams. If I name them 001 Sales – 003 Sales, and make the code SALES – SALES 03 will that work for the system still?

1. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    So I just did a test invoice and it automatically selects the Bullet HQ 'Sales' category. There appears to be no option for my previous query.

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 20, 2016
Public

All invoices are currently records against the SALES account. Adding rise other CofA accounts won’t break anything, but the invoices will still use SALES

#answer-2904
  1. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    Thanks for the info - didn't understand this bit... 'Adding rise other ' ?
  2. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    Perhaps you meant 'various'? So is there a way I can see where my sales are coming from?
  3. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    You could put sales 001 etc. in the reference field and then export your invoices
  4. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    Thank you. That could work for 1 of my businesses. The second business is products - there isn't an option to set up different skus, is there?
  5. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Not currently. Everyone wants slightly different metrics in their reports, so we're investigating the best way to allow this without adding 20 additional input field to each page
  6. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    Ok, thanks.
  7. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Everything ok?
  8. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    John, are you available for a couple of questions? Shouldn't take long. I've been asking Peter in the Community forum and he doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking. I've attached an image of an Irish vat return. You will see there are boxes ES1 and ES2 at the bottom. Does the Bullet vat report address these? If not, how do your customers extract their info from the info they entered into Bullet. Peter just keeps referring to RTD reports, which this is not. If you can't answer this, do you have an accountant as part of the team who could? Thanks, Sam
  9. Peter Connor February 20, 2016
    Hi Sam,
    The E1/ES1 and E2/ES2 fields are not automatically filled out by Bullet, since they are dependent on whether you were buying goods or services from other EU countries and whether or not they charged you VAT. You'd need to print out the list of invoices and bills in the vat return (which you can see in the VAT return on bullethq, or export the invoices and bills) and determine which transactions are eligible to be reported in each section. It's a manual process at the moment I'm afraid.
    John
  10. 2accounts February 20, 2016
    That's fine. Thank you for answering the question. I don't mind if it the software doesn't do a particular thing, I just wanted a straightforward answer. Thank you.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer