Hi Peter, We finally have a new lady starting this week doing our accounts each week. She is asking to do the bank rec but when I try to download the .out file from AIB banking it only lets me go back 6 months. I called the bank but they said they can’t help me and can only go back 6 months :( Is there a way of manually doing it on the system if we have printed statements? Many thanks, Aileen

Hi Peter,
We finally have a new lady starting this week doing our accounts each week.
She is asking to do the bank rec but when I try to download the .out file from AIB banking it only lets me go back 6 months. I called the bank but they said they can’t help me and can only go back 6 months 🙁 Is there a way of manually doing it on the system if we have printed statements?
Many thanks,
Aileen

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff November 22, 2015
Public

Hi Aileen,
Sure if you click on Other in the drop down for bank accounts you’ll see you can get access to an XLS file we’ve created. 

If you can browse to the 12 month period on your online banking you’ll be able to copy and paste the data into that file. 

Is that what you’re asking or are you asking about doing it without any file from the bank?

#answer-2255
  1. We can only download a 6 month electronic statement from the actual bank though. Thats the problem. We need to do the bank rec for 2014 and it won’t allow me download the statement in any format to upload.
    I only have hard copy statements for 2014 :(
  2. Peter Connor November 22, 2015
    Can you send me a bank statement? So I can have a look at the format - just one page.
  3. Its a printed hard copy :)
  4. Peter Connor November 22, 2015
    I know, but can you scan me a copy to see if you can ocr it.
  5. Hi Peter,
    Here you go :))))
  6. Peter Connor November 22, 2015
    Cool - give me a bit
  7. Thank you Peter!!!!!!
    Your awesome!
  8. Peter Connor November 22, 2015
    Hi Aileen,
    We can do it but it's a bit fiddly. How many pages do you have?
    Pete
  9. Can it be done manually? My new girl just came and took all my folders away to her office.
  10. Peter Connor November 22, 2015
    Yep, you can just type it into that file excel file in the exact format.
    I was going to get our guy to do it for you, but we'd have to charge you for it.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer