Hi Peter, I’m back to my accounts. I’m sending estimates to my clients as proposals and they are rather detailed. In Bullet the description field is a max 255 character long text field that doesn’t seem to support line brakes. How would I achieve something like this: https://waveapps.com/e6q94p-hjvytm? Any advise or workaround is much appreciated. (I know I can attach documents to my estimate, I’d rather keep everything on the same page)

Hi Peter, I’m back to my accounts.
I’m sending estimates to my clients as proposals and they are rather detailed.
In Bullet the description field is a max 255 character long text field that doesn’t seem to support line brakes.
How would I achieve something like this: https://waveapps.com/e6q94p-hjvytm?
Any advise or workaround is much appreciated. (I know I can attach documents to my estimate, I’d rather keep everything on the same page)

2 answers

Peter Connor Staff January 10, 2016
Public

Let me have a look. 2 min.

#answer-2526
  1. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm just uploading a video for you after recording it - so give me about 5minutes. Tks Pete
  2. Thank you
  3. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Sorry, it took so long I'd to set it up and upload the vid. You can see it here. I noticed you're not VAT registered so you won't see the VAT on the line items.

It's not ideal - we've about 20 changes we'll be making on the invoice in the NY and more verbose line items is one.
    Attaching the doc's is currently only for you not for the client.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Pete
  4. Thanks Peter, in the meantime I was thinking the same way.
    I will use a few line items with no rate and quantity so I can build the estimate by adding items e.g. CMS+shop+support+hosting etc
  5. The idea is to save time by using predefined line items because most of the projects needs the same features.
  6. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Well you know you can just copy older invoices, then you can click edit and remove/add line items. That would probably speed them up even faster.
    Bullet will update all the dates and invoice numbers etc. But the line items are pretty fast too.
    You can also use different templates with different header images to help promote other parts of your businesses. That's quite popular.
  7. I would expect the ability to review the email before it gets sent.
  8. Oh sorry, my previous post disappeared.
  9. Feedback / bug report:
    1. When I send an estimate it still says "View Invoice" in the email. Read notifications also refer to Invoice on estimates.
    2. Emails seem to be sent before I click on the Email button. Using the link in the sidebar of the invoice/estimate results in the email sent straight away.
    I would expect the ability to review the email before it gets sent.
  10. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Yep - you can review everything. We always follow 3 steps - create - review - what's next.
    You can also see 'client view', and 'send to myself', on the what's next screen.
  11. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    That's a good point - I'll get that changed.
    Emails are only sent when you click a send button, the systems has to be told.
    Like I mentioned before you can review the invoices in the what's next screen. Thanks for the feedback though - we love it.
  12. That http://grab.by/MzQw is what happened after clicking the link in the sidebar.
  13. That's why I thought you might want to know about it.
  14. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi,
    I'm not sure what you mean. That's the email send screen.
  15. Yes. But the email was sent before I would have touched anything on that screen...
  16. I could reproduce this behaviour at any time, on both the Email to myself or Email to client links on the sidebar
  17. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    I see what you mean let me have a look.
Peter Connor Staff January 10, 2016
Public

So look at the message at the top. 

#answer-2527
  1. I saw it, it just not what I'd expect to happen... So when I click the sidebar link, only I am emailed not the client?
  2. Could you have a look at my Enhanced Invoicing app too?
  3. Please?
  4. Yesterday you gave me another 30 days trial but it still says Trial Expired
  5. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    That trial should be extended now just try it.
  6. Thank you
  7. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    No problem. Just let me know if it's activated. I did it yesterday for you.
  8. It says expired for some reason. What steps should I take?
  9. When I add the app trial, do I have to enter card details straight away?
  10. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    No you get 30 days free on all apps. But if you've installed it before then you're 30days is up.

When you click add now does it ask for the cc no?
  11. Yes it does. I installed the app many months ago but I haven't got the chance to actually check it out
  12. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Cool - well the app just knows your 30 days is up. Your last trial was 213 days ago.

Try that now.
  13. ok, It works now, thank you
  14. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Cool - no problem.
  15. How about the other issue I mentioned?
    When I email an estimate, the email refers to Invoice in the link and the footer. It should say View Estimate.
    The read notification also says xyz opened the Invoice.
  16. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi, yep I saw that easier and it's in the dev doc. So it will get updated. We just released that new version of invoices so there will be bit like this.

Tks for sharing it. P
  17. Is there a possibility (or a plan for it) to change the Estimate word to Quote, for example?
  18. Where can I set default due date and invoice/estimate number format?
    I tried to use a custom estimate number and the system doesn't automatically increment the same format on the next one.
  19. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Quote/Estimate - I'm afraid not.
    You can use custom est nos and override the system.
    If you use custom and want it to increment by one, then have the number at the end. Then Bullet will +1 it.
    BlaBlaBla1
    BlaBlaBla2
    BlaBlaBla3
    BlaBlaBla4
    There are Millions of patterns people can use, to complex to build we only get one question a year on this. So if you have system just add a number to the end of it.
    Tks

Pete
  20. That's all I'd like to achieve (to continue my old pattern) but creating an estimate resulted in a new estimate with EST-006 number.
  21. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Cool - you can use the old one just pop a number at the end. The EST converts to INV when it becomes an invoice. They're two separate legal docs.
    Est is an invitation to price.
    Inv is the price.
  22. I see. I created an estimate with number Q1047 and saved it. The next estimate still resorted back to EST-006.
  23. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    I see that now, it's working on the inv. I'll pass that onto dev's and get it fixed.
  24. Thanks a million.
  25. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Sorry about that - We like to the the workflows very similar. Less learning for the user.

The 3 issues around est will be fixed on the next release. Tks P
  26. Sounds good to me. :)
  27. I have 31 invoices in WaveApps.
    Should I re-create them in Bullet or just enter the payments?
    I'm entering all my expenses in Bullet and I'd like to get my year-end done here.
  28. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi,
    Entering them is probably the best.
    But, you can enter one per client and just put in the total if that makes sense, or you can just each.
    Cool - we don't do the year end return - just all mid years P30's P35l & VAT3s.
    Pete
  29. Hi Peter, where can I edit the number of years and frequency on fixed assets? I love the way Bullet generates depreciation automatically but I have equipment already started on an 8 years period in 2014.
  30. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi,
    I'll have to come back to you on that. Let me ask the tech team, if you want to do anything outside of the workflows the usual answer is using the Journal Entries.
    I'm going to assign that call over - so you'll need to start a new convo to get me.
  31. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    We use a standard setting of 3 years for computer equipment and 5 years food office equipment. If that didn't suit you can create your own fixed assets (under the Accountant and Reporting Tools). Note that you'd need to delete the bill that the original fixed assets are created from and re-record them with a category other than computer or office equipment
  32. Hi John, thank you for clarification.
    In what way I should setup fixed assets than if Revenue only allows 12.5% depreciation yearly (over 8 years)?
  33. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Hi, we can't advise on that I'm afraid, we're not accountants pensive
    If you don't have one let me know. There might be some notes on our community site.
  34. I see, I'll discuss it with my accountant than and check out the community site.
  35. Peter Connor January 10, 2016
    Cool

Please login or Register to Submit Answer