I am trying to do the bank rec for 2015 and as I hadn’t imported the bank statements in time from our business banking myself and Sarah here have hand typed the entire things out. However now it won’t let me me import them. It says the header isn’t correct. We typed them exactly as per the statement like you instructed. Would you please be able to help me?

I am trying to do the bank rec for 2015 and as I hadn’t imported the bank statements in time from our business banking myself and Sarah here have hand typed the entire things out. However now it won’t let me me import them. It says the header isn’t correct. We typed them exactly as per the statement like you instructed. Would you please be able to help me?

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff December 3, 2016
Public

Hey Ladies. 
Did you download our sample xls file? If you select ‘other’, from the list of banks you’ll get an spreadsheet you can download.
Pete

#answer-4462
  1. Do I just delete the balance column?
  2. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Shoot me over your xls and I'll have a look at it.
  3. Thanks lovely. Yeah its still not working even when I take out the balance column
  4. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ok quick look you've 'details', instead of 'description', try that and I'll try that here.
  5. No its still not working
  6. It now says Line 2: Missing field 'Money Out'
  7. but thats there
  8. I took out the balance column
  9. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    So when you delete 'balance column', it creates lines with no data.
  10. It says the problem is in the header. Theres no lines extra on mine?
  11. Can i put back in the balance one?
  12. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    So I think it's your running balances when you delete 'Balance', you create a line entry with no numeric data. See here. http://screencast.com/t/tctUpqxw9p
  13. Self employed people don't take lunch!!!!! lol
  14. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Your talking to one. But, I'm a man and we always take care of ourselves.
    So that seems to be working for me, you'll need to change the date format form YY to YYYY.
  15. no worries :) Thanks so much lovely. I'll try and fix them now reimport :)
  16. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Cool, if you're ever doing crap work like that let me know. We've a great guy who does that kind of stuff for us.
  17. i've done all that and it still won't import
  18. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Cool. What error are you getting?
  19. There was a problem with the imported file: Invalid header
  20. same as before
  21. im working in Pages and exporting as a csv file.
  22. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Did you change description?
  23. yes :)
  24. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ok. Leave it with me for an hour and I'll get it working. That cool?
  25. No worries. I have 2 of them to do. Sorry
  26. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Cool shoot me both files.
  27. Thanks so much lovely. Poor Sarah is going to kill me. We spent hte entire morning typing a year of statements. All those codes etc.... lol
  28. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Hey,
    Here are your files and this is me importing them.
    So some of the entries didn't have amounts you'll need to check them and enter them manually from the printed invoices.
    The errors tells you what you need to change.
    Cheers Pete
  29. Your so good! Thanks so much Pete
  30. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Well you won't go away otherwise. Digital nagging.
  31. Thats me Aileen - Digital Nagger
  32. lol
  33. Only 1 letter away from being raciest
  34. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ha. Don't forget to check them against the actual statements, some line items missing.
    Bullet will also create a tone of VAT returns for you. If you've already paid them you can mark them as paid.
  35. If they seem to match invoices from bullet shouldn't that be o.k though?
  36. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    So it's more Bullet has to match the bank account. Always work backwards. So if something is on your bank balance and not in Bullet you need to update your accounts. That's all, no biggie.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer