I have a question about Bank Rec. So I have a payment in the bank for 3259 but entered into Bullet is 3228.75 and I don’t know how to reconcile it. They over paid by 30.25

I have a question about Bank Rec. So I have a payment in the bank for 3259 but entered into Bullet is 3228.75 and I don’t know how to reconcile it. They over paid by 30.25

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff December 3, 2016
Public

You should be able to just edit the orignal invoice and bring it up 30.25. That’s the easiest thing to do. 
I’m guessing your going to say the VATs already being paid for on it?

#answer-4464
  1. yep!
  2. I just thought id actually wait until lunchtime to mail you back lol
  3. Should I go in and cancel that vat payment then change the invoice. Then redo the Vat?
  4. only joking on the waiting for lunch. I have a new accounts lady! Yipppeeeee
  5. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    So have you submited the VAT return for that period and marked as paid?
    Is she full time?
  6. no she's not full time. She's doing 1/2 a day every Tuesday to help us get on top of things and then hopeuflly half a day every 2nd week.
  7. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Sounds great?
  8. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Now let us know about your VAT?
  9. Right I cancelled the VAT payment for Oct, then chagned the invoice then redid the vat payment. Is that o.k?
  10. What happens at the end of the year when my accountant says my vat is incorrect? Can he just see that and figure it out?
  11. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Oh, this all depends on your answer to my question. Had you paid that VAT return?
  12. Yes
  13. sorry
  14. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    And submitted it to ROS?
  15. yep
  16. that bad eh?
  17. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ok. Do the following.
    Go back into that VAT return and return it to the original amount that was paid.
    Go back into that invoice and return it to the original amount leaving un paid.
    Mark return as paid.
    That fixes the VAT. You can edit VAT returns like that, Bullet won't recalculate the return and it's a pain in the A.H. to rectify it with your accounts.. manual VAT updates etc etc.
  18. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    So just answer these questions before you do anything.
  19. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    That invoice wasn't marked as paid during that vat period. Is that correct?
  20. It was marked as paid. As they paid it but over by 50€
  21. Theres a problem now though. I've missed a few invoices like that and added them to Bullet by cancelled VAT payments and then redoing them
  22. I can't remember which ones so my VAT won't be right for some of the months :(
  23. i know, i know
  24. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ok. Well get to that in a minute.
  25. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Create a new invoice for JUST the extra amount. Now you should be able to reconcile the payment against the two invoices. That VAT return should be ok now. The updated VAT will be just carried with the new invoice into the new period.
    Does that make sense?
  26. ahhh yeah. i've already reconciled that invoice though. Can I unreconcile?
  27. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Well how did you reconcile it if the amount in the bank doesn't match the invoice, there should be 50 floating?
  28. I changed the invoice amount like you had said previously
  29. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Ha ha. Well I asked about the vat and you shot off. But, I'll take the blame, it's a happier marriage then :)
    So do as I mentioned above. That will leave the 50 floating and you can create the new invoice. Once you do that that VAT return is fixed. After that call your accountant, he might just say leave it till the end of the year or he might want to fix it next period.
    Ok. Do the following.
    Go back into that VAT return and return it to the original amount that was paid.
    Go back into that invoice and return it to the original amount leaving un paid.
    Mark return as paid.
    That fixes the VAT.
  30. Haaaaa sorry Peter lol
  31. I'll do that now and fix it. Thanks so much and sorry for interupting your lunch
  32. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    That's no problem. We lock the returns to stop that happening, but you can always get around it.
    Shouldn't be a big deal to fix it, just a totals thing. There just isn't a workflow in Bullet to automate it so you'll need your accountant to file the amended vat return and manually adjust Bullet.
    It's not a big deal.
  33. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    When the bank feeds go live in Ireland we'll make it like our US product. Just sucks all the data in.
  34. Bloody hell.... do you have bank feeds in the US!!!!!!
  35. When will that happen here?
  36. Peter Connor December 3, 2016
    Well the EU pass the law to force the banks, so maybe next year.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer