Is It Possible To Change The Account My Vat Payment Is Going To In Bullet Free Online Accounts Software

Q: Is It Possible To Change The Account My Vat Payment Is Going To In Bullet Free Online Accounts Software

Hi there,
I have some transactions whicj were posted to the wrong bank account. Is there a quick way to move these to another bank account or do I have to manually delete them and re-post them?
Thanks,
Lou

1. Peter Connor February 3, 2015
    Hi Lou,

What exactly do you mean by Merge them. I'll give you a better answer then.

Pete
  2. Hi Pete,

I stupidly allocated an invoice payment to the dummy 'Current Account' instead of our actual bank account. Usually I'd go in & delete the payment and then re-record the payment on the correct bank account. However, I have since completed a VAT return - so I can't delete the payment. Is there any way that I can correct this?

Thanks
    Lou

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 4, 2015
Public

Hi Lynne,
Sure,
* I’m assuming here you haven’t change the amounts just the bank account. If you change the amounts you’ll need to resubmit your accounting VAT return manually, not via Bullet. 
1) Go into the Tax section, click on that VAT return (the period that covers the invoice) and mark that VAT return as unpaid.
2) Go to the invoice and make your edit, delete the payment.
3) Apply the payment to the correct bank account.
4) Go into tax and mark that VAT return back to being paid. 
5) Have yourself a glass of wine, you deserve it. 
You’re done. 
Hope that helps Pete.

#answer-1313

Please login or Register to Submit Answer