Hi, I have an employee that was set up last year but no wages issued. Can I import the P2C for this employee for this year (2015) or do I have to issue a P60 (2014) first? Will that effectively close 2014 payroll?

Hi, I have an employee that was set up last year but no wages issued. Can I import the P2C for this employee for this year (2015) or do I have to issue a P60 (2014) first? Will that effectively close 2014 payroll?

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff October 9, 2015
Public

Hi, What are you looking to do?

#answer-1925
  1. noreena October 9, 2015
    Start issuing wages for an employee, for 2015. Yet I the details that are currently there are the 2014 tax details. If I issue a P60 and import the P2C will that be correct?
  2. Peter Connor October 9, 2015
    If you import the P2C file Bullet will update all employees to the correct tax credits etc.
    I'm not sure why you're looking to issue a P60, is that employee leaving?
    Pete
  3. noreena October 9, 2015
    No. The P60 for 2014, for year end.
  4. noreena October 9, 2015
    So I don't have to do anything to 'close/finish' the payroll for 2014? Just import the P2C for 2015 and work away?
  5. Peter Connor October 9, 2015
    In Bullet we don't close out the year. That's more an "technical accounting" thing, obviously there are year ends etc.
    But we built Bullet for SMB's so we'd consider their accounts always live. Year ends can be used to write down debt etc, we feel Jan is just another month like March is to Feb.
    Just let me confirm this with John though on the p60. You still might need to issue one. Bullet will usually tell you in the todo's what you need to do.
    But, regarding the closing of payroll for 2014, that doesn't happen. You just import the 2015 PC2 and continue on.
    I'll assign this to John to get confirmation. He'll be an hour or two coming back to you.
    Is that ok?

Pete
  6. Peter Connor October 9, 2015
    P60s need to be given to everyone registered as an employee at the end of the previous year by Feb of the following year. For example, if you had 2 resistered employees on 31 December 2014, they should both receive a P60 for 2014 by 15 Feb 2015, whether they were paid anything or not. Also a P35 needs to be submitted to ROS, but Bullet will remind you about all these things

Please login or Register to Submit Answer