Hi Peter, I am taking your advice to contact you via this method rather than the forum. I have 4 erronious VAT3 records in Bullet which I am struggling to remove. Bullet has these as overdue by 188 to 735 days but these records are prior to Company & VAT registration. I am nervous about adding more to the account as presently it is looking like I will have to start over with another account. Please advise on how to remove. Thank you. Helena

Hi Peter, I am taking your advice to contact you via this method rather than the forum. I have 4 erronious VAT3 records in Bullet which I am struggling to remove. Bullet has these as overdue by 188 to 735 days but these records are prior to Company & VAT registration. I am nervous about adding more to the account as presently it is looking like I will have to start over with another account. Please advise on how to remove. Thank you. Helena

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 11, 2017
Public

Hi H.
If the VAT returns have been submitted.
Then just go into Tax. Click on the return and mark as paid that will remove it from the Todo list.
Those instructions are on the pop up that appears when you upload the returns into ROS.
Thanks Pete.

#answer-4831
  1. They should not be there as they are from before the company was created
  2. Peter Connor February 11, 2017
    But you must have created invoices/bills during that period. The VAT returns get created from the first entry.
    If they're zero follow the same steps and mark as paid, they'll be zero balance.
    P
  3. They Vat3 are all zero value as they are before registration. Marking as paid asks then for the bank account. I don't want to end up creating more records with zero values, that also should not be there. I'm a bit OCD and I want the accounts to be accurate.
  4. thanks for the response's at this late hour
  5. Peter Connor February 11, 2017
    There's no other way to do it I'm afraid.
    Thanks Pete.
  6. From what you are saying if I accidentally type 1917 instead of 2017 as a bill date, I will end up with thousands of VAT returns which then will require thousands of manual bank entries to move the record from due to paid, which doesn't actually resolve the issue. I have only just started adding bills & employees for payroll and this does not fill me with confidence that the software is robust. I am now expecting more issues to appear. Can this be marked as a bug, and fixed? Thanks
  7. Peter Connor February 11, 2017
    Hi.
    It's not a bug.
    But, we'll look at it during our product review.
    Thanks Pete.

Please login or Register to Submit Answer