Pete, Have fixed the large ones from late last year but found a couple of small ones from 2014. As it crosses a year end reluctant to change these. Can you ask the guys what journal I can perform to to correct these properly. Basically I need to increase the Vat due ledger for Jan 2016 by about €400. There must be a journal entry that can achieve this. Shane

Pete,
Have fixed the large ones from late last year but found a couple of small ones from 2014.
As it crosses a year end reluctant to change these.
Can you ask the guys what journal I can perform to to correct these properly.
Basically I need to increase the Vat due ledger for Jan 2016 by about €400.
There must be a journal entry that can achieve this.
Shane

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff February 13, 2016
Public

Hi Shane, 
We can’t advise on the journal entries I am afraid. We’re not accountants and don’t know your business enough. 
It would be best to ask an accountant as it will affect your tax. 
Sorry about that 

Pete

#answer-2769
  1. Pete,
    I know what to do but need to understand which ledgers are creditted and debitted when a payment is received and applied to an invoice with Vat on it to change this.
    Or is there a transaction history log file that shows the debits and credits available to me?
    Shane
  2. Peter Connor February 13, 2016
    You accountant should know that Shane. I'll pass that call over to to that team now.
  3. Thanks Pete.
  4. Peter Connor February 13, 2016
    No prob
  5. Peter Connor February 13, 2016
    Hi Shane. If you look at any management report and click on an item, it will show you all the things you did in Bullet that affected that account for the selected time period. There's also a ledger report that should give you all details

Please login or Register to Submit Answer