Hi, how do I add fields to an invoice? I need to show my customer’s cost centre number, purchase order number, project manager name and project manager email on my invoices, I’d like to create a template with these fields. What’s the best way to go about this? thanks

Hi, how do I add fields to an invoice? I need to show my customer’s cost centre number, purchase order number, project manager name and project manager email on my invoices, I’d like to create a template with these fields. What’s the best way to go about this? thanks

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff April 10, 2016
Public

Hi Marcus, 
If you have a copy of an old invoice I can get a better idea of what you’re looking to do and make an invoice for you. 
Thanks Pete

#answer-3153
  1. marcus.geog April 10, 2016
    hank you.
    Attached is a sample invoice; what I need to do is display these fields on my invoice – if I don’t show them the invoice might be rejected.
    Customer VAT Number:
    Customer Contact:
    Customer Email:
    Customer PO Number:
    Cost Centre Code:
    All are freeform text
    Thanks for your help
  2. Peter Connor April 10, 2016
    Thanks Marcus - I'll have a look now.
  3. Peter Connor April 10, 2016
    Hi Marcus,
    So that was pretty easy to create.
    I've attached PDF of the invoice for you to see. I've also reattached your excel spreadsheet.
    The items in red in the spreadsheet were entered into the client's information field, I'm assuming they're all static pieces of info. As in you don't want to have to enter them all the time.
    The items in blue are per invoice, invoice number, date and PO. They're all standard fields in our invoice.
    Hope that helps.
  4. marcus.geog April 10, 2016
    OK, I understand – your approach sounds reasonable.
    Thank you for your help and quick response

Please login or Register to Submit Answer