Hi Peter/Louise, Sorry another question. My colleague used the business card by mistake for around 100 euros. He repaid today. How do I record that entry in BHQ? It’s not ‘a client paid me’ so how do I record it?

Hi Peter/Louise, Sorry another question. My colleague used the business card by mistake for around 100 euros. He repaid today. How do I record that entry in BHQ? It’s not ‘a client paid me’ so how do I record it?

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff May 28, 2016
Public

I think you’ll need to do a manual journal entry. But, I’ll check.

#answer-3404
  1. hirsch.joh23 May 28, 2016
    Thanks for checking :)
    Also, I see P35L on Upload Files on ROS and P35 under the 'Complete return online'. Is P35 the same as the P35L?
  2. Peter Connor May 28, 2016
    P35L is the longform return usually used at the end of the tax year but it contains the same info.
    Just upload the one Bullet is telling you to - and ignore the rest.
  3. hirsch.joh23 May 28, 2016
    Yes P35L is not available via Complete Return Online.
    John sent me this yesterday:
    Yes, you can just log a NIL return manually on ROS. Revenue have made some changes in their P35L validation, which means validation won't pass if there are no paid employees that year (I don't know why they changed it, it's common enough for people to have NIL P35L returns).
    So I log a NIL P35 under the online version as there are authentication errors in uploading the P35L generated by BHQfor the reason John explains above
  4. Peter Connor May 28, 2016
    Ok, anyway L just stand for Long. Tks P
  5. Peter Connor May 28, 2016
    Manual Journal Entry is the easiest way to record the withdrawal of the money, and then another one for the money being repaid. You'll then be able to reconcile your card statement against the 2 journal
  6. hirsch.joh23 May 28, 2016
    Thanks John!

Please login or Register to Submit Answer