Is there any possible way I can delete all transactions for 2014 and start afresh in 2015 and Is there any possible way I can delete all transactions for 2014 and start afresh in 2015 and

Is there any possible way I can delete all transactions for 2014 and start afresh in 2015 and Is there any possible way I can delete all transactions for 2014 and start afresh in 2015 and

1 answer

Peter Connor Staff May 29, 2016
Public

Sure. I’ll have a read. 

#answer-3410
  1. Peter Connor May 29, 2016
    Is there any possible way I can delete all transactions for 2014 and start afresh in 2015.
    Yep you can just delete them manually, there is no delete all button though. We felt it would cause too much issue if accidently clicked.
    If you feel you mess up that year. Just create a new account and start fresh. Bullet will create all the tax returns again, but you can't submit them if you already have.
    Where I work they have the option to add a new company but I don't seem to have that option and I've just started a second business (that I hope will take off) and I'd like to keep that separate on Bullet accounts. is that possible?
    So if you don't have that option, that's cause you setup a sole trader account. You are the Sole Trader so there can only be one of you.
    So let me explain something here as people get a little confused with it.
    As a sole trader you can only be a sole trader, but you can have multiple trading names (businesses) Mary Breads, Mary Beans, Beans USA. But they're all Mary, no they're all Lovely Mary.
    As a limited company you can setup multiple limited companies, as companies are separate to Lovely Mary.
    But also limited companies can have different trading names (businesses) Mary Breads, Mary Beans, Beans USA. But they're all the one company. Just like above.
    So let me ask you a question - are you a sole trader or limited company?
  2. marydarg May 29, 2016
    Ok, all that makes sense. With regard to looking at starting afresh I was just looking for an easy option... but you're right. Accidental clicking can cause lots of headaches.
  3. marydarg May 29, 2016
    As for the multiple names, I'm a sole trader. Not earning enough to be come a Ltd. company (not sure if that's a good or a bad thing).
  4. marydarg May 29, 2016
    So basically it's just really to continue with all income/outgoing under my name. Make's sense too. I can always make reference to it in each transaction.
  5. Peter Connor May 29, 2016
    Cool, but don't forget if you add Advanced Invoicing app you can have multiple brands.
    Anyway any issues let me know.
  6. marydarg May 29, 2016
    I appreicate that, thanks a million Pete. enjoy the rest of your week :)

Please login or Register to Submit Answer